Friday, January 30

sunny day


In Colorado a sunny day usually meant warmth. No matter how cold it might be, if the sun was out you could warm up in it. You are a mile high, it makes a difference. But here, in Chicago, no such luck. Now that winter has really sunk its teeth in, sunny days are deceptive. The appearance of sun and a crystal clear sky typically mean it's colder out than it looks. And today is no exception. It's currently 9 degrees. (sigh)

A friend passed along a link that I wanted to share because I enjoyed it so much. It was a post from The Girl Project blog about felt cameras. How cool are these?

They're sewn by a girl, Blythe and you can see more of her stuff here. She has an etsy shop, but currently there's nothing listed. They're just so cute!

The Girl Project is pretty cool as well. Via the site: "The Girl Project is a national collection of photographs taken by teenage girls. The photographs represent teenage girlhood and life as seen through the eyes of young women in America. The strongest images will be edited into a book and a traveling exhibition on female adolescence." Fascinating for me the psych/art major.

I hope you're having a wonderful Friday. I don't know about you, but I am ready for the weekend. My "to do list" is quite long as we're having some friends over to watch the super bowl and I really need to get our place in order! (and food made - of the potato soup variety) Stay warm!



I love how the sun reflects off our warm wooden floors!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would never survive in Chicago. I hate being cold! I want to move somewher warm and I love sitting on my kitchen floor in the winter and having the sun beat down warmth! I can almost feel it now.