Friday, October 16

| an idea comes to me |

Today I need feedback. Admittedly, I've been a bit out of my groove. My photography groove that is. I had some really awesome sessions over the summer but then things started to get busy, I failed to make it a priority and I wound up here - in 'no new pictures to post' land. So, in an effort to get back at it, I purchased a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 that I have been salivating over for some time now, which should be arriving on my doorstep TODAY!

According to this lovely screen shot of UPS.com's tracking:



Here's where I need your help. Back in college one of my assignments for Photography II was to shoot a roll of film every day for 30 days. It was quite a daunting task when you consider that it was film that needed developed and processed, not just digitals that could easily be uploaded to a computer for processing. That said, doing it again in digital form should make it all that much easier to accomplish, right? This is what I'm thinking... I take a picture (or pictures) every day for the next month. And every morning I post a picture from the previous day. Not only will this provide you with an active blog to follow, it will keep me focused on refining my photography skills. What do you think? I'm open to other suggestions as well. I just need something that will provide content for this blog as well as push me to becoming the kind of photographer I wish I was.

4 comments:

KRunyon said...

Go for it dear! I think that is a terrific idea... Could I do that with knitting? I think not. :-(

Lauren said...

You should definitely do it. Of course, I'm being completely selfish in this encouragement... I just love seeing your life through your camera lens ;)

she said...

um....DO IT.

she said...

the other ladies were much kinder in their feedback, but i was just being myself. sorry.